4.5K views

Bought a Hisense 50 inch TV from Costco last year for my living room. After a little over a year I get a black screen.

Sound but no picture. I call Hisense customer service department and tell me they will mail us the parts based on what they believe the problem was. After a week I receive the package and call Hisense who schedules a repair man to come repair the TV. When the repair man (ITI Repair man) arrives he informs me that there are parts missing.

He tells me that they usually send a kit and that the T-*** Board was missing. He tries fixing the TV with the part they sent and it still doesn't work. He mentioned that the problem could probably be fixed if they had mailed the entire kit. But he was not allowed to work on certain problems per Hisense request.

So i call Hisense and relay the message. They inform me that they never send out T_Con Board and and contradict everything that the repair man told me. Instead they want me to send the TV in. They want me to box up a 50 inch TV and mail it to Georgia.

I work in Receiving and Shipping and see damaged Tv's everyday. I voice my concerns and they tell me that's the only way they will uphold my warranty and then tell me that if it does come in Damaged the warranty will be voided. I asked to speak to supervisor and have yet to hear from one. I've been online and have read nothing but nightmares that resemble exactly what I'm going through.

It's a shame too cause up until then I was happy with my product and was actually raving about it on my social media page.

I'm about to do the complete opposite if this situation not cleared soon. I just hope they don't under estimate the power of social media.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hisense Tv.

I didn't like: Deliberate complaint avoidance, Quality of product.

Comments

wORSE product ever along with customer service. Bought a hisense portable air con last month, cover to cool air outlet broke and fell off.

They do not have a replacement part and say it is not under warranty. This was after holding one hour on phone to be told they have no supervisors.

Finally one was located miraculously. Never, never buy Hisense products.

Didooooo!!!! Right after the warranty goes so does the TV!!!

Screen went black!!!

Total Junk!!! I have a Visio still working from 7 years ago!

I had a problem about a month of purchasing a Hisense 60" TV. Signal keeps going out.

Hisense says I damaged the HDMI ports and the warranty is void. I guess you get what you pay for.

to Brian #1526797

Same problem here, BUT I don't have anything plugged into the HDMI port. Roku stick only...Ugh..bought 34 days ago and get a black screen every now and then...

Dunnellon, Florida, United States #1300418

This situation is NO different than the treatment you will get with every major manufacturer. Believe me, I've been thru this *** with a top of the line Sony TV, a top of the line Panasonic DVD recorder (they stopped manufacturing them) and with various supposed "extended warranty" scam outfits that do nothing but try to wear the customer down.

It's all ***. I think the best thing to do is buy the cheapest thing out there, use it for a year or two then sell it.

Then repeat. I do that with riding lawn mowers now and boy it has save me a *** of a lot of money.

Port Angeles, Washington, United States #1285401

Doesn't Costco offer 4 year warranty on there TVs. 2 on manufacturer and 2 on them. If you explain the situation I'm sure they will help you out.

Irving, Texas, United States #1186664

You should just take it back to Costco, even thought they now limit the time for returns on electronics I am sure they would make an exception.

I have the same problem with my 48 inch tv.