Update by user Apr 08, 2016

Do yourself a favor if your in the market for an inexpensive smart television.Wait for holiday sales, or black Friday deals.

Buy from a genuine electronics store, with consumer friendly warranty/return/refund polices; i.e. Best Buy or H.H Gregg.

Do not buy a Hisense TV, or you'll be dealing with them for 2 years before your Walmart extended warranty kicks in (their extended warranty overlaps the factory warranty).So you'll be giving Walmart free money because as they claim, "they cant overstep the factory warranty agreement."

Original review posted by user Apr 07, 2016

I bought this TV, and I had to have it repaired numerous times. Sent it in this last time (with evidence of defects) and the supervisor lied. to me. He said the TV had no issues, so they wouldn't be giving me a refund, but I think he never intended on giving me one. So they sent me back another TV, and said it was the one I sent in but the serial numbers didn't match. Nowthe TV I sent in was faulty, but instead of refunding me my money for the TV that was faulty (supervisor promised me a refund), they lied and said it worked but sent out a different TV. I was due a refund off of the one I sent in, but since they sent this different one in, I have to go through the process of taking pics for evidence, and shipping this TV back for the 4th time. Possibly with no end in site. I understand you have to give a company a reasonable amount of attempts to fix a issue, but 5 times is VERY UNREASONABLE. The TV's they sent out were refurbished, but they did not go into quality control to assure the sets were defect free.

I also think the 2 year warranty is a scam. They know their products are faulty, and after a 3rd attempt to rectify the issue Walmart or Best Buy would have already issued a gift card or chance to purchase a same priced TV with a different brand. Since Walmart's warranty does kick in until after the 2 years, allowing Hisense to send out as many faulty TV's as they wish with impunity, hoping you'd become exhausted and give up. The real reason for this 2 year warranty is that, if Walmart issued a refund or gift card, they'll send the defective TV back to the manufacturer (Hisense). Once returned to Hisense, they will have to give Walmart a credit or risk having their products taken off the shelves. The max extended warranty is 3 years, so this allows Hisense to give customers the run-around for two years before Walmart steps and rectifies. By that time most people would take the loss and just move on. What a carefully thought out scam.

Think about it, why would a TV with so many features drop from $600 all the way down to $300 on new model. You want to know why??? They know their TV's are defective!!! I would advise anyone to pay the extra $50-$100 and buy a Samsung, LG, Sony, or Vizio.

Review about: Hisense 55H6B 55-Inch H6B Series Smart Tv.

I didn't like: 5 attempts to fix tv to no avail but no refund or store credit, Not getting a refund after 5 failed repair attempts, Being lied to about receiving a refund.

1.4
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Hisense 55h6b Tv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $708
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Hisense?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.