Update added by user Apr 08, 2016
Do yourself a favor if your in the market for an inexpensive smart television.Wait for holiday sales, or black Friday deals.
Buy from a genuine electronics store, with consumer friendly warranty/return/refund polices; i.e. Best Buy or H.H Gregg.
Do not buy a Hisense TV, or you'll be dealing with them for 2 years before your Walmart extended warranty kicks in (their extended warranty overlaps the factory warranty).So you'll be giving Walmart free money because as they claim, "they cant overstep the factory warranty agreement."
Original review posted by user Apr 07, 2016
I bought this TV, and I had to have it repaired numerous times. Sent it in this last time (with evidence of defects) and the supervisor lied. to me. He said the TV had no issues, so they wouldn't be giving me a refund, but I think he never intended on giving me one. So they sent me back another TV, and said it was the one I sent in but the serial numbers didn't match. Nowthe TV I sent in was faulty, but instead of refunding me my money for the TV that was faulty (supervisor promised me a refund), they lied and said it worked but sent out a different TV. I was due a refund off of the one I sent in, but since they sent this different one in, I have to go through the process of taking pics for evidence, and shipping this TV back for the 4th time. Possibly with no end in site. I understand you have to give a company a reasonable amount of attempts to fix a issue, but 5 times is VERY UNREASONABLE. The TV's they sent out were refurbished, but they did not go into quality control to assure the sets were defect free.
I also think the 2 year warranty is a scam. They know their products are faulty, and after a 3rd attempt to rectify the issue Walmart or Best Buy would have already issued a gift card or chance to purchase a same priced TV with a different brand. Since Walmart's warranty does kick in until after the 2 years, allowing Hisense to send out as many faulty TV's as they wish with impunity, hoping you'd become exhausted and give up. The real reason for this 2 year warranty is that, if Walmart issued a refund or gift card, they'll send the defective TV back to the manufacturer (Hisense). Once returned to Hisense, they will have to give Walmart a credit or risk having their products taken off the shelves. The max extended warranty is 3 years, so this allows Hisense to give customers the run-around for two years before Walmart steps and rectifies. By that time most people would take the loss and just move on. What a carefully thought out scam.
Think about it, why would a TV with so many features drop from $600 all the way down to $300 on new model. You want to know why??? They know their TV's are defective!!! I would advise anyone to pay the extra $50-$100 and buy a Samsung, LG, Sony, or Vizio.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- 5 attempts to fix tv to no avail but no refund or store credit
- Not getting a refund after 5 failed repair attempts
- Being lied to about receiving a refund
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "This is not an uncommon problem with this tv. Our local Registered certified Electronics Technician of 40 years has diagnosed my 50K360g with a bad LCD panel.Symptoms are as follows,..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "I visited hibbetts today for a pair of shoes, both shoes were bent up, the guy that helped me said he couldn't overstep anyone by telling me that they were..."
- "I recently won the First MUV fitness challenge for the Columbiana Gym. I lost 79 lbs. but lost the overall winner because of the staff for MUV fitness allowed the..."
- "Purebred Moving and cleaning was awesome. We have used them three times. They go well beyond expectation and are affordable. They give moving help a great name. ..."