Update added by user Apr 08
Do yourself a favor if your in the market for an inexpensive smart television.Wait for holiday sales, or black Friday deals.
Buy from a genuine electronics store, with consumer friendly warranty/return/refund polices; i.e. Best Buy or H.H Gregg.
Do not buy a Hisense TV, or you'll be dealing with them for 2 years before your Walmart extended warranty kicks in (their extended warranty overlaps the factory warranty).So you'll be giving Walmart free money because as they claim, "they cant overstep the factory warranty agreement."
Original review posted by user Apr 07
I bought this TV, and I had to have it repaired numerous times. Sent it in this last time (with evidence of defects) and the supervisor lied. to me. He said the TV had no issues, so they wouldn't be giving me a refund, but I think he never intended on giving me one. So they sent me back another TV, and said it was the one I sent in but the serial numbers didn't match. Nowthe TV I sent in was faulty, but instead of refunding me my money for the TV that was faulty (supervisor promised me a refund), they lied and said it worked but sent out a different TV. I was due a refund off of the one I sent in, but since they sent this different one in, I have to go through the process of taking pics for evidence, and shipping this TV back for the 4th time. Possibly with no end in site. I understand you have to give a company a reasonable amount of attempts to fix a issue, but 5 times is VERY UNREASONABLE. The TV's they sent out were refurbished, but they did not go into quality control to assure the sets were defect free.
I also think the 2 year warranty is a scam. They know their products are faulty, and after a 3rd attempt to rectify the issue Walmart or Best Buy would have already issued a gift card or chance to purchase a same priced TV with a different brand. Since Walmart's warranty does kick in until after the 2 years, allowing Hisense to send out as many faulty TV's as they wish with impunity, hoping you'd become exhausted and give up. The real reason for this 2 year warranty is that, if Walmart issued a refund or gift card, they'll send the defective TV back to the manufacturer (Hisense). Once returned to Hisense, they will have to give Walmart a credit or risk having their products taken off the shelves. The max extended warranty is 3 years, so this allows Hisense to give customers the run-around for two years before Walmart steps and rectifies. By that time most people would take the loss and just move on. What a carefully thought out scam.
Think about it, why would a TV with so many features drop from $600 all the way down to $300 on new model. You want to know why??? They know their TV's are defective!!! I would advise anyone to pay the extra $50-$100 and buy a Samsung, LG, Sony, or Vizio.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- 5 attempts to fix tv to no avail but no refund or store credit
- Not getting a refund after 5 failed repair attempts
- Being lied to about receiving a refund
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "I will NEVER recommend ultra tan to anyone!! I went for a spray tan, I had never had one before. They asked if I wanted light, medium, or dark. I..."
- "I had a three-month "super saver" order of one of Purity's products. The order was coming up for renewal and they charged my credit card, which, by the time..."
- "I got 3 comforter from Bed Bath and Beyond and I took 2 off them back return it to them because the thread keep drawing up the comforter i will..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."